Sunday, February 8, 2009

Home sweet home!


Yesterday afternoon, my family helped me move into my little house. The move itself was a riot as you can see from the photo of my host dad. He and my host mom worked very heard painting and cleaning. Then my host dad moved my bed, dresser and all my stuff. He also packed up a lot of it in random bags! Once everything was moved, my host parents went into a frenzy of activity, putting up pictures (theirs), calendars, my dry erase board, nails for dress hangers, you name it.

I am so relieved. My bedroom is painted, the toilet functions (bucket flush), I have a water barrel for bucket baths and the living room will get painted sometime. The window (which has the required bars) will get glass sometime. I´ve seen the house lizard on the wall. On the otherside of the wall is a family of five, the neighborhood dogs bark at night and the roosters crow but the difference in noise level is incredible.

I was so excited last night I couldn´t sleep. Felt like a kid at Christmas. When I shut the door, I am alone in my own space. I not only treasure the reduced noise level but realize how much I wanted to be able to have my own space.

Hooray!

1 comment:

Susie said...

At last....so glad you now have your own space...I know that is essential to your well-being. Please tell your host family your sister sends her thanks! XO