Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 2 of training

Hey folks, thanks much for the comments. I can´t write much tonight because I´m too tired but it was a good day. I survived my second trip on the combi bus, got most of my Spanish homework done, did my whole yoga routine. Tomorrow, we´ve organized a class after training.

The training here is really interesting. I´ve heard a lot about adult education methods but never seen them really used. We are a very active crowd. I haven´t laughed so much in a long time. Being able to laugh at yourself is a must here. I´m walking a lot and the other volunteers in my community go with me on the bus because I was so scared by the damn thing the first time. They roar off the second you put a foot on the first step. At least I know how to ask for my stop now.

I could write a book on the first few days but I don´t have time! Did I say I really like my family even with the chaos of 4 kids, 4 ducks, one dog and grandma with senile dementia?

Sara

8 comments:

odile said...

Hi Sara,
It seems like you are having a ball. I am reading your blog every night before bed time. I am trying to imagine it all. Photos?
kisses
Odile

Ms. Fabrics said...

It sounds like you need a good pair of shoes with REALLY STICKY RUBBER soles so that you don't slip off the first step of the bus once it takes off on you!

Ken said...

Hi Sara, I should thank you for blogging, it made me figure it out. I'm starting evening clinic at South, no ducks hopefully, but possibly some dementia.

I loved combis in Mexico, but I was 22 yoa at the time. I had a giant hog living below my window, and a rooster that hopped up the stairs and sat on my camp pillow.

Your farm girl upbringing will come in handy.

Miss you, Ken

Julia said...

I love that you are laughing lots!

Barb S said...

Sara

Paul sent me the link to your blog today and I'm so glad. I can almost hear your laughter as you write. I'm so happy for you and I so admire your sense of adventure. You are one of the few people I know who wouldn't be phased by living with kids, ducks, dogs, and Gramma with dementia.

Have fun and keep blogging. Can't wait to read more.

Barb

Mary L. said...

My dear friend Sara,
I am figuring out the blog thing, like a few others it seems!
As I read about your adventures, I am having "flashbacks" to my own experiences living in Argentina and Mexico!
Keeping a good sense of humor is important, so I am laughing with you, too!
Isn't it a good feeling to be so exhausted and so excited at the same time?
I am impressed that you are writing frequently!
I know that sometimes at the end of the day, it could be considered a chore--so Thank you!!
Cuidate mucho!
Mary L.

edward said...

Hey Sara..........ok, so let;s try this blog thing....let me know if you get this. It is great to see that you are there, settled in, and enjoying your new, interesting life..........your comments are very detailed and some are quite funny. Barb and I had wonderful hike yesterday--9 miles, and 2500 ft. vertical--fall colors are happening............we will send more later after we know this successful transmits............we love you Sara.......edward and barb........

Unknown said...

Hi Sara:
I've been several days trying to remember my gmail address and password. Finally, with greg and odile and shawn helping me, we retrieved the user name and I made up a new password.

I'm in Tucson and yesterday was Miriam's 3rd birthday...a wild and wooly party with a bunch of three year olds and their parents and mostly little siblings. A DORA pinata was the "hit" of the party.

We are all wondering how you are doing this weekend...hopefully not too tired.
Love, from Greg, Odile, Shawn, Miriam and me