Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Last days in Madison

Wow, 2 weeks from today, I'll be checking into the Peace Corps training at the Holiday Inn, Georgetown, Washington DC. I'm flying in a day early to spend the evening with Jenni, Jeff and Alex. Congratulations Jenni and Jeff on your engagement! I'll be flying back from Peru for a wedding sometime next year!

I'm down to the wire on packing and last minutes details like how I'll get my taxes done while I'm gone. My friend Helen is now on my bank account so if you hear she's living in Paris in a little bungalow... I've been out of my house for 2 weeks staying with Norma and that's a relief--glad to be done packing up the house. I had a totally wonderful 2 weeks in the mountains in Montana where Edward left me with his house, car and fresh trout in the frig. I slept, hiked, practiced yoga, read and ate good food.

I'll be in DC over the weekend for Alex's 4th birthday, then back to Madison for one last week of packing and goodbyes.

I'm really looking forward to meeting the others in my group after reading their on-line bios and notes. It's too late to worry any more about my Spanish, I got what I got now!

No comments: